2016 Annual Conference Presentations - Monday, 11 July 2016:
• Mr Essel - Speech
• The Emergence of Online Gambling and its impact on existing modes of gambling
– Ms. Caroline Kongwa-Hankanga – National Gambling Board, South Africa.
• Responsible Gambling Programme – is it effective?
– Ms. Sibongile Simelane-Quatana, SARGF.
o Under-aged Gambling.
o Is there a need for the Gambling Operator to know the customer?
o If so, Why?
• Anti-money laundering and financing of terrorism and human trafficking?
– Mr. Oliver Chiperesa – Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe.
• The relationship between Gambling Operators and Gambling Regulators – Is it working?
– Mr. Edward Lalumbe- Gauteng Gambling Board, South Arica.
2016 Annual Conference Presentations - Tuesday, 12 July 2016:
• Overview of the Regulation of Gambling in Ghana.
– Mr. Fred Owusu – Director of Finance, La Palm Casino.
• Sports Betting in Africa – is it well regulated?
– Mr. Kobby Akyeampong – CEO, GIFEC.
• Technology and Regulation – are technological advances ahead of Regulators?
– Mr. Vusi Mtshweni – Mpumalanga Gambling Board, South Africa.
– Mr. Simon Mogapi – North West Gambling Board, South Africa.
• The negative effects of illegal gaming on licensed forms of gaming.
– Mr. Themba Ngobese, Casino Association of South Africa.
2016 Annual Conference Presentations - Wednesday, 13 July 2016:
• Taxation in Gambling – is it fair?
– Mr. Londani Mathavhane – Limpopo Gambling Board, South Africa.
• Challenges facing gambling regulation globally.
– Mr. Bheki Mlambo, President of International Association of Gaming Regulations.
• Word of Thanks.